From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
Subject: Re: failure of gnus to determine boundaries of emails
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:48:01 +0200	[thread overview]

On Sat, Oct 14 2006, Martin Steffen wrote:

> However: when entering one of those nnfolder-groups, the emails in each
> folder are shown in the summary mode as simply _one big email_, i.e.,
> either the gnus-incorporating-mechanism or the summary-display-mechanism
> does not honor the message boundaries properly.
[...]
> PS: I'm working with emacs-version 21.4.1
>     nd               gnus-version  v5.9.0

Gnus 5.9 is old.  Could you upgrade to 5.10.8 (latest stable release)
or to Emacs 22 (CVS, but quite stable; it will enter pretest soon)
which includes 5.11.

> PPS: I had posted a similar enquiry some time ago, but
>      two sources of errors that I suspected at that
>      time (procmail, and/or the mail-server itself)
>      I think I can cancel from the list of potential culprits,
>      seems like the problem lies within gnus..

I don't think the problem lies in Gnus.  I use a similar setup (but
with nnml) without any problems:

,----[ <f1> v mail-sources RET ]
| mail-sources is a variable defined in `mail-source'.
| Its value is
| ((file)
|  (directory :path
| 	    (concat mail-source-directory "../procmail/")
| 	    :suffix ""))
|
| Documentation:
| *Where the mail backends will look for incoming mail.
| This variable is a list of mail source specifiers.
| See Info node `(gnus)Mail Source Specifiers'.
`----

Please show us the relevant stuff from your Gnus setup
(`mail-sources', `gnus-secondary-select-methods', ...).  Maybe you can
also send us a gzipped procmail spool file and the resulting nnfolder
file (be sure not to include private data; maybe a public mailing list
or a spam folder?).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,