* auto-fill in ngnus-0.6?
@ 2007-05-10 11:37 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2007-05-10 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello world,

For a long time now I've been using (often quite stale) CVS versions of
nognus, but a couple of days ago I decided to install the Lars' official
release.

The only difference I've noticed is that "word wrap" is now
automatically on. Yuck! If I want a new line, I have key under my right
pinky for just that purpose.

This seems to be driven by "message-setup-fill-variables" in message.el,
at least that's my first guess. What's not obvious is, what is the
"right" way to turn it all off. Should I just define my own
message-setup-fill-variables function that does nothing or is there a
better way?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Life does not cease to be funny when
http://nwalsh.com/            | people die anymore than it ceases to be
                              | serious when people laugh.--George
                              | Bernard Shaw

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: auto-fill in ngnus-0.6?
@ 2007-05-10 18:23 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-05-10 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, May 10 2007, Norman Walsh wrote:

> What's not obvious is, what is the "right" way to turn it all off.

When upgrading to a new version, it's always recommended to read the
GNUS-NEWS file or (info "(gnus)No Gnus"):

,----[ (info "(gnus)No Gnus") ]
`----

,----[ (info "(message)Various Message Variables") ]
| `message-fill-column'
|      Local value for the column beyond which automatic line-wrapping
|      should happen for message buffers.  If non-nil (the default), also
|      turn on auto-fill in message buffers.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--