* gnus-group-parameters help
@ 2005-04-25  5:08 Anupam Kapoor
From: Anupam Kapoor @ 2005-04-25  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all,

i want to configure gnus-group-parameters to have group specific posting
styles, spam etc. configuration. currently, my group buffer looks like
this:

,----
| 0: nnimap+alpha:alpha-generic
`----

so, using re-builder, i came up with the following :

,----
| (setq gnus-group-parameters '(("nnimap.*:.*generic"
|                                (gcc-self . t))
|                               ;; add more groups here.
|                               ))
`----

but this does not seem to make any difference at all :o( ! when, i enter
the group, and do a 'm' to compose a mail, i don't see the Gcc header
being present.

however, when using 'G c' on the group, it all seems to work fine. i
looked at '.newsrc.eld' and tried using the regex there, but that does
not seem to help either.

this is on 'No Gnus v0.3' with emacs at 'GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1'.

thank you for your help.
kind regards
anupam

ps: i know, i can use 'G c' which does the needful, but it puts
the configuration in '.newsrc.eld'. i would rather have all the
configuration in one single place i.e. .gnus.el.

* Re: gnus-group-parameters help
@ 2005-04-27 21:52 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-04-27 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 25 2005, Anupam Kapoor wrote:

> | (setq gnus-group-parameters '(("nnimap.*:.*generic"

There is no variable `gnus-group-parameters' in Gnus.  You probably
meant `gnus-parameters'.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: gnus-group-parameters help
@ 2005-04-28  9:56   ` Anupam Kapoor
From: Anupam Kapoor @ 2005-04-28  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Mon, Apr 25 2005, Anupam Kapoor wrote:
>
>> | (setq gnus-group-parameters '(("nnimap.*:.*generic"

,----
| > There is no variable `gnus-group-parameters' in Gnus.  You probably
| > meant `gnus-parameters'.
`----
thank you ! the balance has been restored once again !!! ENOCAFFINE.

kind regards
anupam

@ 2005-05-09 13:40     ` Anupam Kapoor
From: Anupam Kapoor @ 2005-05-09 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anupam Kapoor <akapoor@starentnetworks.com> writes:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:

> ,----
> | > There is no variable `gnus-group-parameters' in Gnus.  You probably
> | > meant `gnus-parameters'.
> `----
> thank you ! the balance has been restored once again !!! ENOCAFFINE.
sorry to be such a bother, but when i tested this, the 'Gcc' parameter
was still configured in .newsrc. i removed it, and it doesn't work
anymore....:o( !!!

anupam