* CVSWeb checkout doesn't work
@ 2006-06-10  9:31 Nikolaus Rath
From: Nikolaus Rath @ 2006-06-10  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I just tried to download the latest nnir.el from CVS. But
unfortunately when following the download link I get:

,----
| Error: Unexpected output from cvs co: cvs [checkout aborted]: Absolute module reference invalid: `/gnus/contrib/nnir.el'
|
| Check whether the directory /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT exists and the script has write-access to the CVSROOT/history file if it exists.
| The script needs to place lock files in the directory the file is in
| as well.
`----

I got the file using cvs now, but maybe someone should check this.

   --Nikolaus

--
Realität ist was für Leute, die mit Drogen nicht zurechtkommen.

* Re: CVSWeb checkout doesn't work
@ 2006-06-10 12:42 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-06-10 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Jun 10 2006, Nikolaus Rath wrote:

> I just tried to download the latest nnir.el from CVS. But
> unfortunately when following the download link I get:
[...]

Replace "~checkout/~gnus" with "~checkout~gnus".  This URL works:

http://quimby.gnus.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~gnus/contrib/nnir.el?rev=7.18&content-type=text/plain

> I got the file using cvs now, but maybe someone should check this.

I reported this to Lars in February, but he couldn't find the error in
the config.

BTW, posting problems with www.gnus.org here doesn't make much sense
because only Lars can fix these.

Bye, Reiner.