* [de_bb@arcor.de: nnmairix.el - Gnus backend for the Mairix mail search engine]
@ 2007-10-08 18:03 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-10-08 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I tried Mairix and it looks like a win.  So I think this Lisp package
is a good feature, too.

To: gnu-emacs-sources@gnu.org
From: David <de_bb@arcor.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 10:10:27 +0200
Subject: nnmairix.el - Gnus backend for the Mairix mail search engine

Mairix is a tool for indexing and searching words in locally stored mail
(see: http://www.rpcurnow.force9.co.uk/mairix/index.html). The Gnus
backend nnmairix.el enables you to call Mairix from within Gnus, either
to update the database or to query Mairix with a search term.

Additionally, you can create permanent nnmairix groups which are bound
to certain Mairix searches. This way, you can easily create a group
containing mails from a certain sender, with a certain subject line or
even for one specific thread based on the message ID. If you check for
new mail in these folders (e.g. by pressing ?g? or ?M-g?), they
automatically update themselves by calling Mairix.

Source and documentation is released on the emacswiki:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/nnmairix.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusMairix

- -David

* Re: [de_bb@arcor.de: nnmairix.el - Gnus backend for the Mairix mail search engine]
@ 2007-10-08 18:29 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-10-08 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stallman; +Cc: ding, David

On Mon, Oct 08 2007, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I tried Mairix and it looks like a win.  So I think this Lisp package
> is a good feature, too.

I already asked David for to assign the code and sent him the form a
couple of days ago.

> From: David <de_bb@arcor.de>
> Subject: nnmairix.el - Gnus backend for the Mairix mail search engine
> To: gnu-emacs-sources@gnu.org