* Proper way to handle group for mairix searches?
@ 2007-09-25 14:22 Georg C. F. Greve
From: Georg C. F. Greve @ 2007-09-25 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

I've been using mairix for my mail search recently, because it has the
advantage of rather fast indexing and very fast, yet powerful search. It
functions by copying the matching articles to a folder, for which
various formats are available, with maildir as the default.

So from Gnus point of view, there is a maildir folder that changes its
contents entirely based on the output of mairix.

What I want Gnus to do is to forget about the old status of the folder,
and open it with the new results without checking for new mail or
anything else to slow it down. The best way I found so far was a
combination of

    (gnus-group-quick-select-group 0 mairix-results-group)
    (gnus-summary-reselect-current-group t t)

(see below) but this does not work perfectly. I see zombies in the
Summary and Gnus occasionally seems semi-confused about the group.

Here are my questions:

 a) Can someone tell me how to do this "properly"?

 b) Is there a way to select one of the articles on its Message-ID
    quickly?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Regards,
Georg