* How does gnus talk to sendmail
@ 2006-12-03 20:28 reader
From: reader @ 2006-12-03 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Setup:
   Gentoo linux 2.6.18
   sendmail 8.13.8
   several week old cvs gnus

I've just let gnus find sendmail for years for sending mail but
suddenly am getting an error:

  `no such program as /usr/lib/sendmail'

I'm not really sure what OS changes have caused this.. there was one
semi major upgrade since I last sent mail from this gnus.  I haven't
sent mail from this machine for probably 2 wks. or more so not really
sure about changes.

I fixed the problem temporarily by symlinking
 /usr/lib/sendmail -> /usr/sbin/sendmail

But I wondered why gnus thinks sendmail is at /usr/lib/sendmail and
where it is told that information.