* nnml-generate-nov-databases-1
@ 2005-12-18 16:16 Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-12-18 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

the manual suggests `nnml-generate-nov-databases':

,----[ (info "(gnus)Mail Spool") ]
|    If your `nnml' groups and NOV files get totally out of whack, you
| can do a complete update by typing `M-x nnml-generate-nov-databases'.
| This command will trawl through the entire `nnml' hierarchy, looking at
| each and every article, so it might take a while to complete.  A better
| interface to this functionality can be found in the server buffer
| (*note Server Commands::).
`----

Shouldn't it also mention `nnml-generate-nov-databases-1'?  And
shouldn't we rename it to `nnml-generate-nov-databases-directory' (or
similar), because "-1" typically indicates internal functions rather
than command (for interactive use)?

,----[ <f1> f nnml-generate-nov-databases-1 RET ]
| nnml-generate-nov-databases-1 is an interactive compiled Lisp
| function in `nnml.el'.
| (nnml-generate-nov-databases-1 DIR &optional SEEN NO-ACTIVE)
|
| Regenerate the NOV database in DIR.
`----

SEEN and NO-ACTIVE should also be documented.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-12-18 16:16 UTC | newest]