* Re: Doc bug: gnus-registry-ignored-groups, gnus-registry-unfollowed-groups, nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent-ignore-groups
       [not found] ` <g69d55nkhi5.fsf@dhcp-65-162.kendall.corp.akamai.com>
@ 2007-01-10  0:26   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-01-10  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

[ Adding ding ... ]

On Tue, Jan 09 2007, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On  9 Jan 2007, kai.grossjohann@de.verizonbusiness.com wrote:
>
>> gnus.el defines the variable gnus-registry-ignored-groups, but this
>> variable is never referenced in the code (except in one comment in
>> gnus-registry.el).
>
> Do you want to write a patch to use that variable?  I haven't had the
> time to implement it, but I do think it could be useful.  It's not
> intended to be the same as g-r-unfollowed-groups, which just affects
> gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent.
>
>> Code in gnus-registry.el references the variable
>> nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent-ignore-groups, but this fact isn't
>> documented.
>
> Fixed.

Could you please apply the doc fixes in v5-10 as well, if appropriate?

>> The documentation of gnus-registry-unfollowed-groups seems unclear to
>> me.  I think it means "never split a message into one of these groups,
>> even if the registry says it should be put there".  (I'll try that
>> next to see whether I can avoid splitting messages into the group
>> nnimap+foo:INBOX.makeham.  I have a script to train bogofilter on that
>> group and to move the messages to INBOX, and then splitting promptly
>> moves them back to INBOX.makeham...)
>
> Fixed.  The docs are correct, let's see if the behavior works for you
> :)  Let me know if the docs are still unclear.
>
> Good to see you back, btw.

AOL! :-)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

@ 2007-01-10 15:57     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2007-01-10 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  9 Jan 2007, reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc wrote:

> Could you please apply the doc fixes in v5-10 as well, if
> appropriate?

Since gnus-registry.el is not in the manual, and these are just doc
fixes, I don't think it's necessary.  If you disagree, I'll do it,
it's not a problem.

There's a little more work I need to do on the registry before I make
it official (with manual entries, etc.).  This includes the
g-r-ignored-groups parameter I mentioned, more support for easy
search/add/delete of entry attributes, and cleaning up the code.
Unfortunately I don't have an ETA on that.

Ted

@ 2007-01-10 21:48       ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-01-10 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jan 10 2007, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On  9 Jan 2007, reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc wrote:
>
>> Could you please apply the doc fixes in v5-10 as well, if
>> appropriate?
>
> Since gnus-registry.el is not in the manual, and these are just doc
> fixes, I don't think it's necessary.  If you disagree, I'll do it,
> it's not a problem.

I didn't read the patch carefully.  But in general all doc fixes
should be applied to v5-10 (unless the corresponding code differs
between trunk and v5-10, of course).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,