* how to split IMAP mail into local nnml group?
@ 2001-11-30 13:40 John S. J. Anderson
From: John S. J. Anderson @ 2001-11-30 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm not even sure if this is possible, but I figured it can't hurt to
ask.

Currently, I use IMAP with Gnus. I have an extensive
nnimap-split-fancy list, one section of which detects mail from
various people and dumps it into an IMAP folder called
INBOX.people-incoming. I read the mail, respond or not, and then
manually move the mail to person-specific nnml folders (on the local
disk). So, mail from Bob or Alice goes into
nnimap:INBOX.people_incoming, then I move it to nnml:Bob or
nnml:Alice, as appropriate.

If I wanted to skip the manual move step, so that mail from Bob or
Alice would be pulled off the IMAP server and stuck right into
nnml:Bob or nnml:Alice, how would I (can I?) do that?

Thanks,
john.
--
 Susie: You'd get a good grade without doing any work.
Calvin: So?