From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann)
Cc: Simon Josefsson <sj@extundo.com>, ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: nnimap hangs on connect plus Garbage:
Date: 08 Feb 2001 15:19:50 +0100	[thread overview]

On 06 Feb 2001, Mats Lidell wrote:

>       (while (and (memq (process-status process) '(open run))
> 		  (goto-char (point-min))
> 		  (message "imap-network-open 3")
> 		  (not (imap-parse-greeting)))
> 	(accept-process-output process 1)
> 	(message "imap-network-open 4")
> 	(sit-for 1))
>
> Endless sequence of "imap-network-open 3" and "imap-network-open 4"
> seen in minibuffer.

Hm.  Hmmm...  When you interrupt it, can you then go to point-min and
issue M-: (imap-parse-greeting) RET and does it correctly parse the
greeting?

Maybe point-min is off due to narrowing?  You might want to print the
value of (point-min) in the "imap-network-open 3" message.

What happens when you single-step through this code using debug or
edebug?  Probably it works then, since this is timing related...

If your suggestion of the buffer containing the wrong stuff is true,
maybe it helps to say (redraw-display).  But I doubt this.

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.