* Creating a "Heap" folder.
@ 1999-12-07 20:15 Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 1999-12-07 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I'm reading some mail groups, I usually tick messages that I plan
to reply to. When I'm really busy, there can accumulate quite a few
messages in my Private group, and it looks really cluttered + I can't
see many *new* messages' subject lines, because they are way below the
ticked messages.

I would like to gain such functionality:
1. If I decide that I want to follow-up later on some message, I press
a key, and the message gets ticked + is moved into some other
folder. Say, Heap.

2. When I have time, I go into the Heap folder, and reply to the
messages. Once I reply a message, it's marked read and is moved into
its original group.

Maybe it would be better to mark the message read, and *copy* it into
the heap in step 1.

How doable is such thing in current Gnus? How would I approach it?

Thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin                                http://wgaf.dyndns.org
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who

* Re: Creating a "Heap" folder.
@ 1999-12-08 15:29 ` E. David Bell
From: E. David Bell @ 1999-12-08 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Arcady> I would like to gain such functionality:

  Arcady> 1. If I decide that I want to follow-up later on some
  Arcady> message, I press a key, and the message gets ticked + is
  Arcady> moved into some other folder. Say, Heap.

  Arcady> 2. When I have time, I go into the Heap folder, and reply to
  Arcady> the messages. Once I reply a message, it's marked read and
  Arcady> is moved into its original group.

It would seem that nndraft already provides this functionality and you
don't have to move any messages around.

Simply bind this function to one of your available keys:

   (defun edb-gnus-reply-later (n)
     "Send message to drafts now and reply later."
     (interactive "P")
     (gnus-summary-reply-with-original n)
     (message-dont-send)
   )

Note that if you have Supercite enabled it will ask you for the
attribution before saving to the drafts group.

-David
E. David Bell                       |        d.bell@motorola.com
Motorola Semiconductor Israel Ltd.  |            +972-9-952-2685

* Re: Creating a "Heap" folder.
@ 1999-12-08 15:30 ` E. David Bell
From: E. David Bell @ 1999-12-08 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-12-09 10:31   ` Jochen Lillich
From: Jochen Lillich @ 1999-12-09 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

d.bell@motorola.com (E. David Bell) writes:

> It would seem that nndraft already provides this functionality and you
> don't have to move any messages around.

How do I work with nndraft? I can't find any information about this
backend. :-(

--
*** Linux BBS: Die deutsche Website fuer Linux-News und -Infos ***
                    http://www.linuxbbs.org/

* Re: Creating a "Heap" folder.
@ 1999-12-10  0:48     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-12-10  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: E. David Bell, ding

Jochen Lillich <jochen@dynamis.de> writes:

> How do I work with nndraft? I can't find any information about this
> backend. :-(

See the node `drafts'.

kai