* backgrounded expire deletes
@ 1996-10-07 15:21 Wesley.Hardaker
From: Wesley.Hardaker @ 1996-10-07 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've thought for a long time, as I watch my stupid screen saying
'deleting article XXX...' for a long time that it would really cool to
have all the deletions done at either a later point or in the
background.  There are two possible solutions as I see it:

1) put the file name in a buffer and save the buffer on exiting gnus,
   and allow a cron job to check for the file at night and remove the
   articles then.

2) collect names of the files and pass them to a long winded /bin/rm
   system call with a '&' at the end.

I suspect that gnus will get confused if you do #1 and then re-enter
gnus before the cron job hits it?

Wes