* 0.29, gnus-message-archive-*
@ 1996-01-18 13:14 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-01-18 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

how do I turn this off completely?  I used to (setq
gnus-message-archive-group nil) which led to errors regarding me
having no nnfolder backend.  I then did (setq
gnus-message-archive-method '(nnml "")) because that's my normal mail
select method.  Now sgnus reads the nnml active file twice :-(
(setq gnus-message-archive-method nil) doesn't work because sgnus then
barfs about the select method being nil.

Btw, the gnus-outgoing-message-group thingy wants prefixed group names
(with method) whereas the gnus-message-archive-* thingy wants naked
group names.  This seems to be inconsistent to me.

Btw, setting gnus-message-archive-group seems to freak out when set to
a function
    (setq gnus-message-archive-group 'kai-gnus-message-archive-group)
just like gnus-outgoing-message-group used to do; but I don't
understand the code which is very different from the
gnus-outgoing-message-group code so I can't fix it.

regards,
        kai
--

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-01-18 13:14 UTC | newest]