Ken Raeburn writes: > Even so, the charset descriptions in emacs-mime are somewhat more > encouraging, but they seem to suggest that Emacs should take the > "HELLO" data, and if it can't encode it all as UTF-8, pull it apart > into separate MIME parts that can be encoded with available charsets. > Which sounds like it's probably exactly the right thing. But it > didn't happen. I don't usually try to create such messages, but not so long ago the splitting still worked. Hm. Let me try it with this message: ÄãºÃ.