* Using nnmail-expiry-target Qs
@ 2001-03-15 15:20 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2001-03-15 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have started to use nnmail-expiry-target to archive old messages. My
custom function that I've set nnmail-expiry-target to returns a
nnfolder group for mail that I want to save. I have two
questions/problems with this setup so far (have been using it for a
day only):

1. When messages are being expired, Gnus says "deleting message..." in
   the status line, even when it is moving the message. A bit
   disconserting.

2. (This is probably RTFM, but I haven't found it) Old messages moved
   to the archive nnfolder group are marked as unread. How to suppress
   it (or alternatively, specify that all messages in a group are
   always read)?

Thanks.

[Using Oort Gnus v0.01, about a month old.]

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: Using nnmail-expiry-target Qs
@ 2001-03-15 17:45 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-03-15 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Ding

On 15 Mar 2001, Dmitry Yaitskov wrote:

> 2. (This is probably RTFM, but I haven't found it) Old messages
>    moved to the archive nnfolder group are marked as unread. How to
>    suppress it (or alternatively, specify that all messages in a
>    group are always read)?

I know of no way other than manually hitting `c' on the group every
now and then.

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.