From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann)
Subject: Re: Incorporating old mail
Date: 11 Sep 1999 23:57:11 +0200	[thread overview]

Robert Epprecht <epprecht@sunweb.ch> writes:

> I want to make some changes to the setup, including changing mail
> backend, emacs version, gnus version etc, so I don't think I could
> just clone all the Gnus related files to the new location.

Moving from one backend to another is a difficult thing in itself.
Maybe you should try to make two steps: one step for moving to the
other machine, one step for frobbing your setup.  Not necessarily in
that order.

I'm afraid there is not good shortcut to moving from one backend to
another.  Create a second backend (and enter it in secondary select
methods, say), then move all groups from the old backend to the new
one, then remove the old backend from the secondary select methods
when you are sure that there are no traces left from the old backend
in the .newsrc.eld file.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.