* Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
@ 1998-02-28  7:29 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-02-28  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Teensy bug fix.

Get it from <URL:http://www.gnus.org/qgnus.tar.gz> or
"/ftp@ftp.gnus.org:/pub/emacs/gnus/".  The patch is available as
<URL:http://www.gnus.org/patches/qgnus-0.33-0.34.diff.gz>.

ChangeLog since last release:

Sat Feb 28 08:27:20 1998  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@menja.ifi.uio.no>

	* gnus.el: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
@ 1998-02-28  8:06 ` Magnus Y Alvestad
From: Magnus Y Alvestad @ 1998-02-28  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen]

| (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)

Jeg gir opp og spør - hva er dette?

-Magnus

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
@ 1998-02-28  8:59   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-02-28  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Magnus Y Alvestad

Magnus Y Alvestad <magnus@ii.uib.no> writes:

> | (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>
> Jeg gir opp og spør - hva er dette?

I guess Magnus didn't really want to mail this to the ding mailing
list, but since he did, I might as well answer here.  (For the
non-Norwegian-speaking people out there -- you can tell that that was
a question by the way the sentence is cleverly ended with a question
mark.)

The FAQ (but less frequently answered question) is -- "What *is*
that?".  It's a line from a poem by Janet Frame, from the book _Living
in the Maniototo_.  The poem deals with how some people seem to live
and love and stuff, and other people use, uh, things (like pets) to
avoid living.  As antidotes; like milk.

It's my way of subliminally bumming out millions of people -- they
don't know why they get depressed, but they do anyway.  A psychic
study recently finished shows that 78% of the people who read
something I've written feel "irritable", "sad" or "suicidal".  I
attribute that to the signature, of course.

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
@ 1998-03-01 12:10         ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1998-03-01 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

>   Lars> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)

>   Matt> So I'm the only one who thought he had just found a disclaimer
>   Matt> on a product of some kind, and was using it for a .sig?
>
> I thought Lars was cat people and was showing his affection, just I
> couldn't understand what it actually meant :-)
>
> Are you cat people, Lars?
>
> kai

>From similar comments he has made in print.  I had been thinking Lars
was telling us <jokingly> that we might need an antidote after reading
his writing.

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
@ 1998-03-01 17:47     ` Matt Simmons
From: Matt Simmons @ 1998-03-01 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Lars> Magnus Y Alvestad <magnus@ii.uib.no> writes:
    >> | (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
    >>
    >> Jeg gir opp og spør - hva er dette?

    Lars> The FAQ (but less frequently answered question) is -- "What *is*
    Lars> that?".  It's a line from a poem by Janet Frame, from the book _Living
    Lars> in the Maniototo_.  The poem deals with how some people seem to live
    Lars> and love and stuff, and other people use, uh, things (like pets) to
    Lars> avoid living.  As antidotes; like milk.

So I'm the only one who thought he had just found a disclaimer on a
product of some kind, and was using it for a .sig?

Matt

--
     Matt Simmons  -  simmonmt@acm.org  -  http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt
     Politicians and diapers have one thing in common.  They should both be

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
@ 1998-03-01 18:49       ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-03-01 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Lars> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)

  Matt> So I'm the only one who thought he had just found a disclaimer
  Matt> on a product of some kind, and was using it for a .sig?

I thought Lars was cat people and was showing his affection, just I
couldn't understand what it actually meant :-)

Are you cat people, Lars?

kai
--
GU1LDO R00LEZ!

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
@ 1998-03-02 16:33       ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1998-03-02 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Matt> So I'm the only one who thought he had just found a disclaimer
Matt> on a product of some kind, and was using it for a .sig?

Hmm...  I'd love to see the gnus logo on a carton of milk...

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
@ 1998-03-03  1:23         ` Leonard Blanks
From: Leonard Blanks @ 1998-03-03  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Matt> So I'm the only one who thought he had just found a disclaimer
 Matt> on a product of some kind, and was using it for a .sig?

 WH> Hmm...  I'd love to see the gnus logo on a carton of milk...

Why not?  T-Shirts, Caps, Mugs, and now ...

--
Len

A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs, a coloratura, maps, snipe,
percale, macaroni, a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag again
(or a camel), a crepe, pins, SPAM, a rut, a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats,
a peon, a canal - Panama!

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
@ 1998-03-04 17:08           ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1998-03-04 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

WH> Hmm...  I'd love to see the gnus logo on a carton of milk...

Len> Why not?  T-Shirts, Caps, Mugs, and now ...

I do think that Lars has scheduled underwear first.  Seems like a
continual downgrade.  I like it.

Here in the US, we had a trend for a while of putting lost children
advertisements on milk cartons...  "Have you seen this child?
Call..."

We could do "Have you seen this Newsreader?  Visit
http://www.gnus.org".  I can just picture Lars' effort into
researching prices for shipping over seas of refrigerated,
heavily-custom-controlled food substances....

--

@ 1998-03-04 21:32             ` Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1998-03-04 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

WH> Hmm...  I'd love to see the gnus logo on a carton of milk...

Len> Why not?  T-Shirts, Caps, Mugs, and now ...

Wes> I do think that Lars has scheduled underwear first.  Seems like a
Wes> continual downgrade.  I like it.

Wes> Here in the US, we had a trend for a while of putting lost children
Wes> advertisements on milk cartons...  "Have you seen this child?
Wes> Call..."

Wes> We could do "Have you seen this Newsreader?  Visit
Wes> http://www.gnus.org".  I can just picture Lars' effort into
Wes> researching prices for shipping over seas of refrigerated,
Wes> heavily-custom-controlled food substances....

http://www.devolution.com/milk.gif

:)

--
Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au> exterminate all rational thought !
                      news interest nuclear sand moodswing

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-03-07 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> Are you cat people, Lars?

I'm a cat-less cat person.  *sob*

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.34 is released
@ 1998-03-08  0:01           ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-03-08  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Kai> Are you cat people, Lars?

  Lars> I'm a cat-less cat person.  *sob*

Me too.  When I moved away from my parents', my cat stayed with them,
'cause I'm away from home too much (most days I'm only home for
sleeping).  Then, a few months ago, she passed away.  Reached the
biblical age of 21!

We all miss being dominated by our home tigress, for sure!

kai
--
Every country gets the pop music it deserves. -- Guildo Horn