* WAIS back-end? that understands mail?
@ 1999-12-07 22:37 Chris Shenton
From: Chris Shenton @ 1999-12-07 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since I can never remember which folder I put mail in, I use WAIS to
index my stored mail every night. I can search with the "M-x wais"
function that came with FreeWAIS-sf and it basically works but doesn't
understand it's really mail, rendering it as a flat file.

I'd really like to be able to is see the results as a *Summary* buffer
and then step through each one, rendering as mail, since that's what
it is. Being able to reply, forward and the like would be a winner.

Extra points if I could walk through other WAIS archives in a similar
manner, like random saved text files, a WAISified Dictionary, etc.

Any pointers?

(I'm using gnus v5.8.2).