* gnus-group-get-new-news doesn't work the first time
@ 1999-09-22 19:49 Matt McClure
From: Matt McClure @ 1999-09-22 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have four nnfolder groups into which I split my incoming mail with the
following:

      '(("MkLinux" "Sender: owner-mklinux-.*@public.lists.apple.com")
        ("Gnus" "Sender: owner-ding@hpc.uh.edu")
        ("BBDB" "Sender: owner-bbdb-info@xemacs.org")
        ("Inbox" "")))

I set the level for each of these groups, and only these groups, to 2.

>From the Group buffer, when I do C-u 2 g, it seems to split mail
correctly into 3 of the groups, but in order for gnus to display a
nonzero unread count for the group Gnus, I have to do C-u 2 g again.

What could I have inadvertently done to make Gnus different from my
other 3 groups?

Thanks,
Matt

--
                --------------------------------------
                | matthew.mcclure.es.99@aya.yale.edu |

* Re: gnus-group-get-new-news doesn't work the first time
@ 1999-09-23  7:00 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-09-23  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt McClure <matthew.mcclure.es.99@aya.yale.edu> writes:

> What could I have inadvertently done to make Gnus different from my
> other 3 groups?

I don't know, but you could do `G E' on the groups and compare the results.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.