* Broken citation highlighting
@ 1999-02-25 17:18 Alan Shutko
From: Alan Shutko @ 1999-02-25 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just installed pgnus 0.77, and cite highlighting is binding in some
weird way to text _before_ the "Alan Shutko wrote" button.  Do I have
some leftover settings somewhere, or are other people seeing this
problem?

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
It's easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.

* Re: Broken citation highlighting
@ 1999-02-25 17:54 ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-02-25 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I also see that citation highlighting is broken in 0.77.  I suppose
we'll have to wait till after the conference for Lars to fix it...

kai
--
I like _\bb_\bo_\bt_\bh kinds of music.

* Re: Broken citation highlighting
@ 1999-02-25 17:58 ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 1999-02-25 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I just installed pgnus 0.77, and cite highlighting is binding in
> some weird way to text _before_ the "Alan Shutko wrote" button.  Do
> I have some leftover settings somewhere, or are other people seeing
> this problem?

I see it too.  I upgraded from 0.69 to 0.77 (I waited for Justin to
convince me that the procmail issues were fixed before I got brave :-)
so I'm not sure where the disconnect happened, but for me anyway, the
problem appears to be a conflict between citation hiding and citation
highlighting.  That is, if I don't try to hide citations, then the
highlighting seems to mostly work (occasionally a single level
citation isn't highlighted at all, but I can't seem to repeat it
consistently).  If I try to use gnus-treat-hide-citation set to t or
run WWc in the summary buffer all hell breaks loose in the article
buffer in the manner you describe.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730

* Re: Broken citation highlighting
@ 1999-02-25 18:06   ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-02-25 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

dsg@mitre.org (David S. Goldberg) writes:

  > [...]  That is, if I don't try to hide citations, then the
  > highlighting seems to mostly work (occasionally a single level
  > citation isn't highlighted at all, but I can't seem to repeat it
  > consistently). [...]

FWIW, I never hide citations and highlighting is broken nevertheless.
Sometimes, W H c helps, though.

kai
--
I like _\bb_\bo_\bt_\bh kinds of music.