* Mail filtering
@ 1999-02-15 12:17 Shaun Lipscombe
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Shaun Lipscombe @ 1999-02-15 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I mail to a mailing list (gnus for example) because I have a filter
for gasops.co.uk:

(nnmail-split-methods '(
                       ("gnus" "^\\(To:\\|Cc\\):.ding@gnus\\.org")
		       ("gmsl" "^From:.*gasops\\.co\\.uk")
			)
)

my thinking would be that my post would appear in gnus, but it infact
appears in gmsl.  To put it another way, I would expect the matching
of the regular expression's to finish when a match is found.  When I
post to any mailing lists 'my' post appears in nnml:gmsl because it
was from me, but thats why I put the gmsl reg. expr. at the bottom.
Have I missed something.  This is annoying because it means that while
I am in nnml:gnus I can only see the follow-up (if any ;-p) to my post
but I cannot refer to my post to remind myself of the query I posed.

Thanks :-)

--
       (    )
        ~oo~