* Run an arbitrary function on message after splitting
@ 2001-04-20 20:44 Joakim Hove
From: Joakim Hove @ 2001-04-20 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am using Gnus to read my mail. Normally gnus is running continuously
for weeks at a time, and mail is fetched automagically from my pop
account after 15 minutes of idle time (or something like that).

Would it be possible to make gnus run a particular function, with
the newly arrived messages as argument. For instance every time a new
message has been dumped into my "jokes" folder I would like gnus to
forward the message to some friends, and every time I get a mail from
my mother in law I would like gnus to mark the message as read, and
auto-reply that I will be out of office for the next few months.

Of course I understand that the particular functions I want are not
ready made, but what I was wondering was how to invoke (hook-up) a set
of such functions. Or if it is at all feasible.

Regards - Joakim Hove

--
==== Joakim Hove      www.phys.ntnu.no/~hove/   =======================
|| Institutt for fysikk  (735) 93637 / E3-166  |  Skøyensgate 10D    ||