* nnml-generate-nov-databases
@ 2000-06-04 12:47 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-06-04 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

When the command nnml-generate-nov-databases is run, what work does
gnus actually do?  I know the .overview file is regenerated.  Does
gnus do anything regarding the `active' file?  Or just takes it on faith.

* Re: nnml-generate-nov-databases
@ 2000-06-05 11:14 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-06-05 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> When the command nnml-generate-nov-databases is run, what work does
> gnus actually do?  I know the .overview file is regenerated.  Does
> gnus do anything regarding the `active' file?  Or just takes it on
> faith.

The source mentions the active file, so it seems that the active file
is also redone.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: nnml-generate-nov-databases
@ 1999-08-22  5:08 ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-08-22  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Ingredients of Happy Fun Ball include an
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ unknown glowing substance which fell to

* nnml-generate-nov-databases
@ 1999-08-21  3:57 Rene Matteau
From: Rene Matteau @ 1999-08-21  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I see many postings where it is recommended to run this command? What
files does it re-generates? If I use this commands on the news/cache
directory, will it automagically generate an active file and the
..overview for each groups?

Rene