* Some questions...
@ 1999-08-05 15:45 Julien Gilles
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Julien Gilles @ 1999-08-05 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I just switch from official verion of gnus to pgnus.
I just lost some minor enhancements :

In message mode, no more colors. I have to run font-lock-mode to get
them. Strange, cause font-lock-mode is in message-mode-hook.

For doing MIME message, I read all about MML langage. In message mode,
there is no more MIME menu ?  I can´t believe that I have to write
those horrible html-like tags. :-(

When reading a MIME encoded message, I have problems to read different
parts. Only the Save option works. When I try to see an <image/jpg>, I
have choice between 2 viewers : "display" and "ee". How to specify xv
by default ? (I did'nt find any list defining type/viewers, but I am
sure ther is one.)

But everything seems working fine. Good job. :-)

Julien.

PS : I don't know a lot lisp (in emacs world), but if I am ready to
learn more in details, if I can help to program something for pgnus.

* Re: Some questions...
@ 1999-08-05 16:02 ` David Kågedal
From: David Kågedal @ 1999-08-05 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Julien Gilles  <julien.gilles@bcv01y01.vz.cit.alcatel.fr> writes:

> In message mode, no more colors. I have to run font-lock-mode to get
> them. Strange, cause font-lock-mode is in message-mode-hook.

Could it be that font-lock-mode is run twice (in effect turning it off
again).  Try removing it or at least replacing it with
turn-on-font-lock-mode.

> For doing MIME message, I read all about MML langage. In message mode,
> there is no more MIME menu ?  I can´t believe that I have to write
> those horrible html-like tags. :-(

The commands are on the M-m prefix.  Try M-m C-h.  Although last time
I tried, not all commands there were actually implemented.

--
David Kågedal        <davidk@lysator.liu.se> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~davidk/

* Re: Some questions...
@ 1999-08-05 17:03 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-08-05 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Julien Gilles <julien.gilles@bcv01y01.vz.cit.alcatel.fr> writes:

> When reading a MIME encoded message, I have problems to read different
> parts. Only the Save option works. When I try to see an <image/jpg>, I
> have choice between 2 viewers : "display" and "ee". How to specify xv
> by default ? (I did'nt find any list defining type/viewers, but I am
> sure ther is one.)

You can set this up in ~/.mailcap:

    image/*; xv %s

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-08-05 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Julien Gilles <julien.gilles@bcv01y01.vz.cit.alcatel.fr> writes:

> For doing MIME message, I read all about MML langage. In message mode,
> there is no more MIME menu ?  I can´t believe that I have to write
> those horrible html-like tags. :-(

The menu is called MML, of course :-)

kai
--