* archiving oddness
@ 2001-08-09 16:44 Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-08-09 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using Oort from 2001-07-24, this works:
(setq gnus-outgoing-message-group "nnmaildir:sent")

This doesn't (do I need to restart Gnus?):
(setq gnus-message-archive-method nil) ; Is this wrong?
(setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnmaildir:sent")

Should I care?  g-o-m-g seems to have all the functionality of
g-m-a-g, with an interface that's just as good for me.  But still.

paul

* Re: archiving oddness
@ 2001-08-09 17:14 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-08-09 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> Using Oort from 2001-07-24, this works:
> (setq gnus-outgoing-message-group "nnmaildir:sent")
>
> This doesn't (do I need to restart Gnus?):
> (setq gnus-message-archive-method nil) ; Is this wrong?
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnmaildir:sent")
>
> Should I care?  g-o-m-g seems to have all the functionality of
> g-m-a-g, with an interface that's just as good for me.  But still.

I have gnus-message-archive-group set to "nnimap:INBOX" but leave
gnus-message-archive-method at the default value.  That works.

There is a difference between gnus-message-archive-group and
gnus-outgoing-message-group: if you set the gcc-self parameter on a
group, you get two Gcc headers with gnus-outgoing-message-group but
only one (the gcc-self one) for gnus-message-archive-group.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: archiving oddness
@ 2001-08-09 17:37   ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-08-09 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:
>> This doesn't (do I need to restart Gnus?):
>> (setq gnus-message-archive-method nil) ; Is this wrong?
>> (setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnmaildir:sent")
> I have gnus-message-archive-group set to "nnimap:INBOX" but leave
> gnus-message-archive-method at the default value.  That works.

I wonder if this should be changed.  If g-m-a-m is so troublesome,
then maybe people should be able to use g-m-a-g without creating a new
server.  Or maybe not - maybe this is why g-o-m-g isn't going away.

> There is a difference between gnus-message-archive-group and
> gnus-outgoing-message-group: if you set the gcc-self parameter on a
> group, you get two Gcc headers with gnus-outgoing-message-group but
> only one (the gcc-self one) for gnus-message-archive-group.

I suppose one could work around that by setting g-o-m-g to a function
that checks for the gcc-self parameter.  Where would such a function
find the current group name?

paul

* Re: archiving oddness
@ 2001-08-09 21:56     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-08-09 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> I suppose one could work around that by setting g-o-m-g to a function
> that checks for the gcc-self parameter.  Where would such a function
> find the current group name?

>From gnus-newsgroup-name (a variable).

kai
--

@ 2001-08-09 21:57     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-08-09 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> > prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:
>>> This doesn't (do I need to restart Gnus?):
>>> (setq gnus-message-archive-method nil) ; Is this wrong?
>>> (setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnmaildir:sent")
> > I have gnus-message-archive-group set to "nnimap:INBOX" but leave
>> gnus-message-archive-method at the default value.  That works.
>
> I wonder if this should be changed.  If g-m-a-m is so troublesome,
> then maybe people should be able to use g-m-a-g without creating a new
> server.  Or maybe not - maybe this is why g-o-m-g isn't going away.

I would prefer gnus-message-archive-method to be allowed to be nil.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory