* Re-post: Problem with pgnus
@ 1999-07-01  8:48 Lee Willis
From: Lee Willis @ 1999-07-01  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm posting this again as I got no response or comment last time, and
this seems to be a semi-serious issue. Any clues where to start
edebugging?

[-- Attachment #2: msg --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1976 bytes --]

From: Lee Willis <lee@gbdirect.co.uk>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Problem with pgnus (Various versions ...)
Date: 16 Jun 1999 14:10:43 +0100

I've got a problem with pgnus (Currently v0.88 but I don't think it's
version dependent, and may even be present in gnus)

I come into work and start pgnus, it reads all my new mail, filters it
beautifully, and shows me which groups have new mail. If I press L I see
all groups regardless of whether or not they have unread mail *except*
for one. This group doesn't show up at all until it receives more new
mail or until I 'touch' the file that pgnus reads from (In this case
~/mail/Fvwm-Dev). I can't see anything wrong with the active or
.newsrc.eld files but then again I wouldn't be too sure what exactly to
look for. I have seen this behaviour before with another group. I solved
it by deleting the group and recreating it (Losing all the mail in that
folder, I couldn't be bothered preserving it!).

Any ideas where I should start looking to find the problem?

The active entry looks like :

Fvwm-Dev 4156 3888 y

and the .newsrc.eld :

Hmm, whoops I appear to have the following files ...

.newsrc.eld
(setq gnus-newsrc-file-version "Pterodactyl Gnus v0.77")
(setq gnus-newsrc-last-checked-date '"Thu Feb 25 16:50:03 1999")
[Snipped rest]

.newsrc-news
[Empty]

.newsrc-news.eld
(setq gnus-newsrc-file-version "Pterodactyl Gnus v0.88")
(setq gnus-newsrc-options '"")
(setq gnus-newsrc-last-checked-date '"Wed Jun 16 11:23:53 1999")
[Snipped rest]

Could this be the problem.  Anyways since the latter seems to be the one
being used here is the bit about Fvwm-Dev

("nnfolder+private:Fvwm-Dev" 3 ((1 . 4161)) ((reply 3984))
"nnfolder:private" ((total-expire . t)))

Any ideas?

Lee.
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"

Lee.
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"

* Re: Re-post: Problem with pgnus
@ 1999-07-01 13:51 ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-07-01 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, since you have a problem with that one group only, you could try
to rename it, then create a new group with that name, then move all
old articles over from the old to the new group.

It's not a solution, only a workaround, of course.
kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.