* writable NNTP server -- the saga continues
@ 1996-11-04 15:04 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-11-04 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I've been hacking the expiring articles stuff.  This seems to work OK,
but Gnus doesn't think an article has been deleted.

To clarify: let's say I move 5 articles from group A to group B.  Then
Gnus will tell me that it's moving all these articles, and it will
also tell me for each article that it's deleting them (as it should).
The NNTP server log tells me that there has been an XDELETE command
for each article, all of which were completed successfully.  Also, the
nnmk-request-expire-articles function returns nil (no articles were
not deleted -- this _is_ the meaning of the return value of
*-request-expire-articles, isn't it?).

Usually, after moving articles from a group, the mark changes to "G",
but with my implementation the mark doesn't change (it remains "!" or
"r" or "R" or whatever it was before).

What did I do wrong?

tia,
kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* fonts, why the hell do they hate me
@ 1996-11-04 17:11 ` Brian Oneill
From: Brian Oneill @ 1996-11-04 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, i'm not sure if this is more of an xemacs question of a gnus question. But
I think it's gnus. My fonts that are used in my mail headers are screwy. They
are bigger then they used to be. I tried to fix them using Edit-Faces, it that
works, for the current session, then when I restart, bam, back to the way
that they used to be. This problem only seems to be attacking my gnus fonts. Is
it that Edit-Faces while in gnus won't keep changes to gnus fonts? Do I need to
edit faces while i'm not in gnus? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

ps. yay! .sig goes in automactially again, and no more annoying mime edit mode.
  /\ /\                                | Brian O'Neill - Systems Programmer
/\\ \\ \ M E M B E R  S E R V I C E S  |
\/ \/ \/ ____________________________  | "the only antidote to sleeplessness
/\ /\ /\  i n t e r n a t i o n a l    |  is..... sleep"
\// // /                               |
  \/ \/     http://www.member.com      | b t o n e i l l @ m e m b e r . c o m

* Re: writable NNTP server -- the saga continues
@ 1996-11-05  2:31 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-11-05  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@ls6.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> To clarify: let's say I move 5 articles from group A to group B.  Then
> Gnus will tell me that it's moving all these articles, and it will
> also tell me for each article that it's deleting them (as it should).
> The NNTP server log tells me that there has been an XDELETE command
> for each article, all of which were completed successfully.  Also, the
> nnmk-request-expire-articles function returns nil (no articles were
> not deleted -- this _is_ the meaning of the return value of
> *-request-expire-articles, isn't it?).

Yes, but that's not the function that's called when moving articles.
`nnmk-request-move-article' is the one that's called, and it should
return a `(group . article)' cons cell that says what the group name
and article number the article was moved to.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: writable NNTP server -- the saga continues
@ 1996-11-05 12:26   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-11-05 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Kai> [...] Also, the nnmk-request-expire-articles function returns
  Kai> nil (no articles were not deleted -- this _is_ the meaning of
  Kai> the return value of *-request-expire-articles, isn't it?).

  Lars> Yes, but that's not the function that's called when moving
  Lars> articles.  `nnmk-request-move-article' is the one that's
  Lars> called, and it should return a `(group . article)' cons cell
  Lars> that says what the group name and article number the article
  Lars> was moved to.

Oops, my nnmk-request-move-article evals accept-form and deletes the
article if non-nil (using nnmk-request-expire-articles).  The return
value of nnmk-request-move-article is the result of evaling
accept-form.

I see now that this is all wrong.  Sorry.  Going back to hacking...

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: writable NNTP server -- the saga continues
@ 1996-11-05 15:00   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-11-05 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Lars> `nnmk-request-move-article' is the one that's called, and it should
  Lars> return a `(group . article)' cons cell that says what the group name
  Lars> and article number the article was moved to.

I returned `(article . group)'.  Silly me :-(  Fixed.

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.