* Read messages are marked as expirable
@ 2002-07-09 14:23 Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2002-07-09 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I read messages over nnimap in my ding group, the
messages are marked as expirable and not as read. In my
other folders it works as it should. My group parameters
are:

((uidvalidity . "51859")
 (to-list . "ding@gnus.org")
 (auto-expire . t)
 (expiry-wait . 31))

Any ideas why this is happening? It hasn't always been like
this...

My bbdb-info group has these parameters:

((uidvalidity . "43376")
 (to-list . "bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net")
 (total-expire . t))

and read messages are marked as read as they should be.

Niklas

* Re: Read messages are marked as expirable
@ 2002-07-09 14:35 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-07-09 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Niklas Morberg <niklas.morberg@axis.com> writes:

> When I read messages over nnimap in my ding group, the
> messages are marked as expirable and not as read. In my
> other folders it works as it should. My group parameters
> are:
>
> ((uidvalidity . "51859")
>  (to-list . "ding@gnus.org")
>  (auto-expire . t)
>  (expiry-wait . 31))
>
> Any ideas why this is happening? It hasn't always been like
> this...

Perhaps it is the auto-expire flags' doing?

`auto-expire'
     If the group parameter has an element that looks like `(auto-expire
     . t)', all articles read will be marked as expirable.  For an
     alternative approach, *note Expiring Mail::.

> My bbdb-info group has these parameters:
>
> ((uidvalidity . "43376")
>  (to-list . "bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net")
>  (total-expire . t))
>
> and read messages are marked as read as they should be.

I guess you could use total-expire in the ding group too.

* Re: Read messages are marked as expirable
@ 2002-07-09 14:39 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-07-09 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Niklas Morberg <niklas.morberg@axis.com> writes:

>  (auto-expire . t)

This means articles you read are marked as expirable.

kai

* Re: Read messages are marked as expirable
@ 2002-07-10  7:05   ` Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2002-07-10  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Perhaps it is the auto-expire flags' doing?

Silly me, of course it was. I must have had my brain on
vacation, I read "total-expire" when it clearly said
"auto-expire".

I can't remember ever having set that parameter though, but
that's just another user error...

Niklas