* Displaying HTML with Netscape?
@ 1999-06-08 15:54 Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-06-08 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I get a multipart message, HTML parts are by default displayed
with W3.  I like this.  However, _sometimes_ I would like to display
the HTML using Netscape -- what's the most convenient way to do this?

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [OK]  [Cancel]

* Re: Displaying HTML with Netscape?
@ 1999-06-08 16:55 ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 1999-06-08 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does

     `gnus-article-interactively-view-part'

     Interactive compiled Lisp function:

       arguments: (n)

         View MIME part N interactively, which is the numerical prefix.

do what you want? It's not bound on the K map (I think it should be)
but it is on the menu you get when you right click on the part's
button.  I'm not sure, but I wonder if K e
(gnus-article-externalize-part) will work too?
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B325\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730

* Re: Displaying HTML with Netscape?
@ 1999-06-09  7:40   ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-06-09  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

dsg@mitre.org (David S. Goldberg) writes:

  > [...] I'm not sure, but I wonder if K e
  > (gnus-article-externalize-part) will work too?

Yay!  I added stuff to ~/.mailcap, typed `2 K e', and lo! Netscape
opened a new window to show me the HTML.  Thanks!

kai
--

       [not found] <199906091501.LAA77417@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov>
@ 1999-06-09 15:55 ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-06-09 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Edward J. Sabol" <sabol@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:

  > Excerpts from mail: (09-Jun-99) Re: Displaying HTML with Netscape? by Kai Grossjohann
  > > "Edward J. Sabol" <sabol@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:
  > >> Just wondering... what exactly did you add to ~/.mailcap?
  > >
  > > ,-----
  > > | text/html; $HOME/bin/run-netscape -r %s
  > > `-----
  >
  > This doesn't foul up Netscape's normal operation? Or the occasional use of
  > w3? I figured one had to create an application-specific setting in
  > ~/.mailcap.

Netscape's operation.  Hm.  Hadn't though of that.

But this setting isn't used if Gnus is displaying the HTML inline.  It
is only used for external viewing, i.e. if you say `K e'.

I assume that Netscape doesn't have a problem with this, either, since
it also groks HTML internally.

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [OK]  [Cancel]