From: Kai Grossjohann <grossjoh@charly.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc: ding@ifi.uio.no
Subject: Re: Following up to CC'ED news articles
Date: 28 Jun 1996 21:25:42 +0200	[thread overview]

  Russ> (Some programs think that the presence of a Newsgroups header
  Russ> indicates the message has been posted, but some news readers
  Russ> also include that header in all mailed replies regardless of
  Russ> whether they're also posted.)

Oh.  I thought this as well.  Yikes.  How am *I* supposed to find out
if the message was just mailed to me or if it was posted, too?  This
is yucky.  :-(

I have been waiting three days now for the corresponding news posting
to appear in gnu.emacs.help, but you just told me that it may be
possible that the message wasn't posted at all!  Sigh.

  Russ> One suggestion that I had that I believe is on the Red to-do
  Russ> list is a keystroke that will check if there is a news article
  Russ> with the same message ID as the current mail message.  That
  Russ> should let you catch most of them.

Hmhm.  This is the best we can do, I suppose, but it's not really all
that good if the other programs are this stupid.

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.  It's not you fault that I'm
disappointed!
kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.