* nn?? & smtp
@ 1996-06-20  3:41 Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 1996-06-20  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

A couple of questions...

1) Has anyone set up NTEmacs to both read and send mail (and post
   messsages) from gnus (message.el)?  If so, how did you manage it?

2) POP3 &| STMP.  Can it be done?  Is it done?

3) Is there a good description anywhere of the current backends?  I
   know ... "Read the source, Luke" ... but I am thinking of an answer
   more suitable to a FAQ.  I seems there is a lot of nnthis, nnthat,
   and nntheotherthing.  Some of their purposes are obvious to me
   (nntp), some make a sort of half sense (nnkiboze --- I know what it
   is supposed to do, but not how.), and some I just don't know at all
   (nnsoup --- what is SOUP anyway?).

4) Since I checked the Gnus 5.x FAQ, the Gnus Info files (as of
   5.2.20, anyway), and the NTEmacs FAQ before asking these questions,
   my last question is this:  Was there a better place to find the
   answers to the above questions than posting to this ML?

Michael Welsh Duggan
md5i+@andrew.cmu.edu