* Migrating to IMAP for real?  As a native method, anyway.
@ 2001-02-21 20:16 Kai Großjohann
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-02-21 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I will be migrating to IMAP sometime in the not so distant future, and
I thought maybe I should try to make nnimap my primary select method.

Does anybody have experience with using nnimap as the native server?

And what would be the least painful way to migrate from me having:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "foo"))
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "" (nnimap-address "bar"))
        (nnml "")))

to me having this:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "" (nnimap-address "bar")))
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "")
        (nntp "" (nntp-address "foo"))))

I'd like to keep all marks, if possible.  But of course, I only want
to do this if there won't be tons of problems.

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.