* Gcc: and duplicate mail coming back to you
@ 1997-01-08 23:27 Matt Armstrong
From: Matt Armstrong @ 1997-01-08 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've got this in my .gnus.el (I copied it from somewhere):

(defun kai-gnus-outgoing-message-group ()
  (cond ((and gnus-newsgroup-name
              (stringp gnus-newsgroup-name)
              (string-match "^nnfolder" gnus-newsgroup-name))
         gnus-newsgroup-name)
        (t "nnfolder:mail.misc")))
(setq gnus-outgoing-message-group 'kai-gnus-outgoing-message-group)
(setq gnus-message-archive-group nil)

This works great, all my mail either ends up in the right nnfolder
group or the nnfolder:mail.misc folder.

I _usually_ end up seeing the mail twice though (annoying).  Once for
the Gcc: and once when the list ends up sending me the mail.  Is there
a way to do any of the following:

 1) In my gnus-outgoing-message-group function, get at the "to" and
    "cc" headers of the message and return nil to suppress Gcc: if I am
    sending to a list I am on (I'm willing to hard code that list
    somewhere in my .gnus).

 2) Automatically mark Gcc: messages read (I believe I asked for this
    before, it got put on the Red Gnus "To Do" list).

 3) Some other superior option?

--
Matt