* gnus-reply-to-function for replying to everybody
@ 1996-03-20  3:33 Roderick Schertler
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Roderick Schertler @ 1996-03-20  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I respond to a mail message I practically always want to respond to
everybody who saw it (everybody in the From, To and Cc headers).  I'm
surprised that September doesn't have a built-in way to do this.  Did I
just miss it?  I suspect this is the case because the lack just seems
too bizarre.

If not how about adding a pre-defined function for this the user can set
gnus-reply-to-function to?

(defun gnus-reply-to-everybody (group)
  "Respond to everybody who saw the original message.
This function is meant as a possible value for gnus-reply-to-function
or gnus-followup-to-function."
  (loop for c in `(("To" . ,(or (mail-fetch-field "reply-to")
				(mail-fetch-field "from")))
		   ("cc" . ,(mail-fetch-field "to"))
		   ("cc" . ,(mail-fetch-field "cc")))
	if (cdr c) collect c))