From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann)
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: "CNET imagines the perfect e-mail client" - can Emacs be it?
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 19:40:34 +0200	[thread overview]

(Chris Beggy ) news@kippona.com writes:

> But PIM is rarely standalone in new email/notes/collaboration
> systems now.  The target, as the article mentions, is to
> integrate them.  Emacs has this capability, in the scenario
> of emacs + gnus + bbdb with private newsgroups on a collaboration
> server running inn.

We are using an IMAP server with shared folders.  Works very nicely.

If you agree on some protocol, you can even do todo lists in such
shared folders.  We put "[TODO]" in the subject line of todo items and
we tick the items that are not done.  When somebody signs up for an
item, he removes that tick and makes a followup with "[TODO Kai]" (or
similar) in the subject.  Tick marks on "[TODO Kai]" messages should
only be frobbed by Kai.

kai
--
Silence is foo!