* crazy fool thing to do with gnus and netscape
@ 2000-09-11 19:18 G. Todd
From: G. Todd @ 2000-09-11 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On a shared account I've been keeping almost all the mail in nnfolder
format file under ~/Gnus/nnfolder. Someone else uses ~/ns_mail and
stores mail there for netscape. Is the following a crazy fool
operation:

for file in ~/Gnus/nnfolder/* ; do ln -s $file ~/ns_mail/; done

... so those those same folders could be read under netscape's mail
reader? (and I guess then link Netscape folders into ~/Gnus so the
vice versa operation would work too).

I'm pessimistically assuming things around file locking, corruption,
incompatability etc.  would result in generalized badness.

Is moving everything onto a server and accessing it via IMAP the best
way?

--
G. Todd