* XEmacs 21.* on NT?
@ 1999-09-16 16:10 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 1999-09-16 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone using the non-Cygnus port of XEmacs 21.* on NT? The
PROBLEMS file in the distribution says that there are some problems
with gnus, but doesn't say what version.

Without gnus, it's a non-starter :-)

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | And gentlemen in England now a-bed
http://nwalsh.com/                 | / Shall think themselves accursed
                                   | they were not here, / And hold
                                   | their manhoods cheap whiles any
                                   | speaks / That fought with us upon
                                   | Saint Crispin's day.--William
                                   | Shakespeare, Henry V

* Re: XEmacs 21.* on NT?
@ 1999-09-16 19:40 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-09-16 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> Is anyone using the non-Cygnus port of XEmacs 21.* on NT? The
> PROBLEMS file in the distribution says that there are some problems
> with gnus, but doesn't say what version.

I believe there are people successfully using Gnus on XEmacs 21 under
NT.  To be 100% sure, check on the xemacs-nt list.

* Re: XEmacs 21.* on NT?
@ 1999-09-17  4:50   ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 1999-09-17  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

In message <87yae6myqp.fsf@pc-hrvoje.srce.hr>,
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> wrote:

> I believe there are people successfully using Gnus on XEmacs 21 under
> NT.  To be 100% sure, check on the xemacs-nt list.

Yes, that's true. I've been using it for quite a while (0.76 through
0.94, I think), with no other problems than those reported on UNIX
systems, too.

Norbert.

* Re: XEmacs 21.* on NT?
@ 1999-09-21  8:09     ` Yair Friedman (Jerusalem)
From: Yair Friedman (Jerusalem) @ 1999-09-21  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norbert Koch <n.koch@eai-delta.de> writes:

> In message <87yae6myqp.fsf@pc-hrvoje.srce.hr>,
> Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> wrote:
>
> > I believe there are people successfully using Gnus on XEmacs 21 under
> > NT.  To be 100% sure, check on the xemacs-nt list.
>
> Yes, that's true. I've been using it for quite a while (0.76 through
> 0.94, I think), with no other problems than those reported on UNIX
> systems, too.
>
> Norbert.

What about filenames with colons? I recently had to move to NT and had
problems with these files.

Yair Friedman.

* Re: XEmacs 21.* on NT?
@ 1999-09-21  9:36       ` Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 1999-09-21  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ "Yair Friedman (Jerusalem)" <YAIRFR@Amdocs.com> was heard to say:
| > > I believe there are people successfully using Gnus on XEmacs 21 under
| > > NT.  To be 100% sure, check on the xemacs-nt list.
| >
| > Yes, that's true. I've been using it for quite a while (0.76 through
| > 0.94, I think), with no other problems than those reported on UNIX
| > systems, too.
|
| What about filenames with colons? I recently had to move to NT and had
| problems with these files.

That's definitely going to be a problem, but it's not related to
FSF Emacs vs. XEmacs, it's an NT filesystem problem. Not as big
a problem as the lack of descent symlinks, but I digress...

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If you are hankering after
http://nwalsh.com/                 | certainty, you are better advised
                                   | to seek it in religion: the
                                   | stock-in-trade of science is not
                                   | certainty but doubt.--K.C. Cole

* Re: XEmacs 21.* on NT?
@ 1999-09-21  9:53       ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-09-21  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yair Friedman (Jerusalem) <YAIRFR@Amdocs.com> writes:

> What about filenames with colons? I recently had to move to NT and had
> problems with these files.

Gnus has nnheader-file-name-translation-alist for those.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.