From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann)
Subject: Re: Announce: nnwarchive
Date: 11 Nov 1999 19:14:07 +0100	[thread overview]

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
> > In XQL you could say that the number of articles is in an <em> element
> > which has a <b> cousin, whereas the number of authors is in an <em>
> > element which is the first one inside the third <ul>.  And stuff.
>
> Yes, that would help.  But can you say "the article number is the last
> what I had to do for nnultimate, for instance.

Well, you may need to add regexp matching to XQL, but what does that
mean?  It doesn't mean that doing xql.el is bad, it just means that it
may be useful to implement some extensions to the XQL standard, as
well.

(For example, the Perl module XML::XQL implements such extensions.)

BillP has posted that he doesn't want to maintain W3 anymore (I
think), and that he wishes that somebody write an XML display engine.
This requires an XSL implementation and XQL is (pretty much) a module
which is needed in XSL.  So xql.el would be useful in that context, as
well.

kai
--
This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs,
but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context. -- David Moser