* mailing list error!
@ 1998-08-25  6:47 Phil Humpherys
From: Phil Humpherys @ 1998-08-25  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today, any email coming in from the ding mailing list gives me
the following error when I select any article from the summary
buffer:

Invalid component character: 0

I can see lots of header, but no body.  Any thoughts?

--
Phil Humpherys <phumpherys@utah-inter.net>   DriverSoft
Unix Systems Administrator                   Mobile: +1.801.725.3257

* Re: mailing list error!
@ 1998-08-25 11:51 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-08-25 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  > Today, any email coming in from the ding mailing list gives me
  > the following error when I select any article from the summary
  > buffer:
  >
  > Invalid component character: 0

Yes, this was MIME stuff.  I use TM.  I had to disable the X-Face
display stuff, then it worked.  Are you talking about a message from
SL Baur, too?

Here's how I disabled the X-Face stuff in TM:

  ;; X-Face display is broken in Emacs 20.3
  (eval-after-load "tm-image"
    '(remove-hook 'mime-viewer/content-header-filter-hook
                  'x-face-decode-message-header))

kai
--
OOP: object oriented programming;  OOPS: object oriented mistakes