* compressing/resequencing nnml directories
@ 1997-12-31 18:39 Stephen Zander
From: Stephen Zander @ 1997-12-31 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Having watched the nnml entries in 'gnus-newsrc-alist get more & more
convoluted, I made a (vain) attempt to search both docs & source for a
function to resequence nnml message entries.

Am I just being dense & missing something or is there no such beastie?

--
Stephen
---

* Re: compressing/resequencing nnml directories
@ 1998-01-01 18:19 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-01-01 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Stephen> Having watched the nnml entries in 'gnus-newsrc-alist get
  Stephen> more & more convoluted, I made a (vain) attempt to search
  Stephen> both docs & source for a function to resequence nnml
  Stephen> message entries.

To compress nnml:foo:

  - Enter group nnml:foo, disp;laying all articles (using C-u RET, for
    instance),
  - Process-mark all articles (M P a, I think, or 9 9 9 9 # if you
    have less than 10,000 articles),
  - Move all articles to the same group (nnml:foo) with B m.

hth,
kai
--
Kai Grossjohann, Informatik VI        grossjohann@ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de