* posting to foreign servers
@ 1996-12-20 16:35 Andrew C. Feren
From: Andrew C. Feren @ 1996-12-20 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

	A friend of mine needs to be able to browse and post to a
	foreign server.  The browse part was easy, but gnus does not
	seem to want to post.

	Basically what he wants to accomplish is to use one server for
	all but 1 or 2 groups which are only carried on the alternate
	server.

	Everytime we try to post an article we get the following error
	message.

Couldn't send message via news: 441 No such newsgroup as "ctron.test"

	Posting to groups carried by the default server works fine.  I
	suppose he could start gnus using the alternate server as his
	default when he plans to post something, but that seems like
	the wrong way to approach the problem.

	I have, Gnus v5.3; nntp 4.0; nnml 1.0.  I think he has a
	version or two behind that, but that can be remedied easily
	enough.  So far we have played mostly with gnus-nntp-server
	and gnus-current-select-method.  Any other suggestions?

	Ideally he would like it set up so gnus "does the right
	thing".  Basically if he tries to post to a group that he
	reads from a foreign server gnus will attempt to post to the
	foreign server rather than the default server.

	Thanks in advance.

--
-Andrew Feren  (feren@ctron.com)
 Cabletron Systems Inc.

* Re: posting to foreign servers
@ 1996-12-20 22:11 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-12-20 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Andrew> 	A friend of mine needs to be able to browse and post
  Andrew> to a foreign server.  The browse part was easy, but gnus
  Andrew> does not seem to want to post.

C-u C-c C-c posts to the server the group comes from.

kai
--
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte