* sgnus-0.26 + font-lock + lazy-lock == problem?
@ 1996-01-16 15:56 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-01-16 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

using the above combination (font-lock as of Emacs 19.30, lazy-lock
2.02), I see an interaction between sgnus and font-locking.  I have
font-locking and lazy-lock turned on for the *Group* buffer and get
some strange interaction.  In particular, if I say get-new-news, it
takes a while for the *Group* buffer to refontify (because of
lazy-lock).  If I then enter a group *before* the Group buffer is
refontified, the Summary buffer of the group entered will first be
colored like always, but then the colors will be erased (by
font-lock/lazy-lock, I presume).  This happens for the visible part of
the summary buffer only!  Also, the visible part of the summary buffer
will lose color if I do M-g or Z G from within a summary buffer, in
the same way as described above.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is anyone using the same combination?

        kai
--
I like both kinds of music.

* Re: sgnus-0.26 + font-lock + lazy-lock == problem?
@ 1996-01-16 17:08 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-01-16 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai> Hi,
Kai> using the above combination (font-lock as of Emacs 19.30, lazy-lock
Kai> 2.02), I see an interaction between sgnus and font-locking.
Kai> Has anyone else seen this?  Is anyone using the same combination?

I'm using lazy-lock 2.00, and I've noticed a problem only with Emacs
19.30 (it does not occur with XEmacs).  After sending a message, the
buffer returned to has its colors wiped out.  I'm now suspecting a
lazy lock interaction because undisplayed portions of the buffer
aren't changed.

--
steve@miranova.com baur

* Re: sgnus-0.26 + font-lock + lazy-lock == problem?
@ 1996-01-17  8:29   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-01-17  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Kai> using the above combination (font-lock as of Emacs 19.30,
  Kai> lazy-lock 2.02), I see an interaction between sgnus and
  Kai> font-locking.

  Steven> I'm using lazy-lock 2.00, and I've noticed a problem only
  Steven> with Emacs 19.30 (it does not occur with XEmacs).  After
  Steven> sending a message, the buffer returned to has its colors
  Steven> wiped out.  I'm now suspecting a lazy lock interaction
  Steven> because undisplayed portions of the buffer aren't changed.

Exactly this is what I'm suspecting, too!  Only that it seems to occur
at different times for me than it does for you.  I don't use XEmacs so
can't check what happens there.

        kai
--
I like both kinds of music.