* sgnus-0.26 + font-lock + lazy-lock == problem?
@ 1996-01-16 15:56 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-01-16 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

using the above combination (font-lock as of Emacs 19.30, lazy-lock
2.02), I see an interaction between sgnus and font-locking.  I have
font-locking and lazy-lock turned on for the *Group* buffer and get
some strange interaction.  In particular, if I say get-new-news, it
takes a while for the *Group* buffer to refontify (because of
lazy-lock).  If I then enter a group *before* the Group buffer is
refontified, the Summary buffer of the group entered will first be
colored like always, but then the colors will be erased (by
font-lock/lazy-lock, I presume).  This happens for the visible part of
the summary buffer only!  Also, the visible part of the summary buffer
will lose color if I do M-g or Z G from within a summary buffer, in
the same way as described above.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is anyone using the same combination?

        kai
--
I like both kinds of music.