* Just casching NOV lines...
@ 2001-02-14 15:08 Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 2001-02-14 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I have a KILL file entry[1] that marks my own messages "dormant".  This
means I don't have to read them, but that they automatically becomes
visible when anyone answers them.

However, I also think this is what causes Gnus to attempt to fetch
several megabytes of old NOV information from the server in groups
where I have old dormant messages.   I suspect people with old unread
or ticked articles have the same problem.

So I wondered, would it be possible to cache just the NOV information,
so when I enter a group it will just fetch the new NOV headers, not
all the headers it has fetched before?  It would save a lot of
bandwidth and probably unload the server as well.

Footnotes:
[1]  (gnus-kill "From" "Per Abrahamsen" '(gnus-summary-mark-as-dormant 1))