* Invalid address in "Reply-to:" field
@ 2001-02-04 21:26 Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2001-02-04 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

if i have a adress of the form "Christoph Conrad <cc@cli.de>" in the
reply-to field and queue the mail, then try to send it when online, an
error message:

Invalid address in Reply-To: Header (Christoph Conrad <christoph.conrad@gmx.de>, cc@cli.de)

The message is open now, i am in a message buffer. Correcting the
address and trying to C-c C-c reveals:

No such function: nnml-request-post

Saving the buffer, leaving the queue group, entering again and trying
to send:

No such function: nnml-request-post

Best regards,
cu, -cc-
--
=> GNU Emacs Webring @ <http://www.gnusoftware.com/WebRing/> <=
Look Ma, this man can twist his fingers as if they were made of rubber,

* Re: Invalid address in "Reply-to:" field
@ 2001-02-08 15:40 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-02-08 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 04 Feb 2001, Christoph Conrad wrote:

> if i have a adress of the form "Christoph Conrad <cc@cli.de>" in the
> reply-to field and queue the mail, then try to send it when online,
> an error message:
>
> Invalid address in Reply-To: Header (Christoph Conrad
> <christoph.conrad@gmx.de>, cc@cli.de)

Strange.  Where does the GMX address come from?  Maybe your Reply-To
header now contains two addresses, separated by comma?

> The message is open now, i am in a message buffer. Correcting the
> address and trying to C-c C-c reveals:
>
> No such function: nnml-request-post

This is a different thing.  But still strange.  It thinks that you
want to post to an nnml newsgroup.  Is there a Newsgroups header in
the message?  What is gnus-post-method?

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.

* Re: Invalid address in "Reply-to:" field
@ 2001-02-08 22:36   ` Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2001-02-08 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

    > Maybe your Reply-To header now contains two addresses, separated
    > by comma?

Oh sorry, i forgot: i added the second address. Shame on me. Normally
this is no problem, except when the second address is of the form

"Christoph Conrad <cc@cli.de>"

I didn't test yet whether this effect occurs also when only one
address of this form is present in reply-to. Will be tested!

    >> No such function: nnml-request-post
    > Is there a Newsgroups header in the message?

I don't remember. When the effect occurs the next time, i will report.

    > What is gnus-post-method?

'current

Best regards,
cu, -cc-
--

@ 2001-02-09 12:13     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-02-09 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 08 Feb 2001, Christoph Conrad wrote:

> "Christoph Conrad <cc@cli.de>"

I'm still not sure what you have.  The following Reply-To header
should be okay:

This one is bad:

Hm.  Yes, giving exact information on what's in the headers is
difficult...

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.