* Gnus and MAPI
@ 2001-06-01 20:33 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-06-01 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Michael Hühne

A friend of mine has to talk to an Exchange server.  Until recently,
they provided POP access and an SMTP server, so he could read and send
mail quite nicely with Gnus.  But it seems that they have now turned
this off.  I'm not quite sure whether they turned off both POP and
SMTP, or only SMTP.

Some time ago, there was talk about a simple movemail-like program
which talks MAPI, and maybe a similar program for sending mail.  Any
news on that project?

Or any other tool that one could use?

Please help a tortured Outlook user to be freed from the confines of
the evil Exchange.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: Gnus and MAPI
@ 2001-06-04  7:50 ` Yair Friedman (Jerusalem)
From: Yair Friedman (Jerusalem) @ 2001-06-04  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Some time ago, there was talk about a simple movemail-like program
> which talks MAPI, and maybe a similar program for sending mail.  Any
> news on that project?

The last message in the issue was Roman Belenov's message.
<uog6ncxe8.fsf_-_@nstl.nnov.ru>.  You might want to start from there.

I'm also interested in such a program just in case the admins here will
decide that the "Unix daemons"  don't need to talk with exchange
anymore.