* Problems with multipart message
@ 2000-07-12  6:40 Felix Hagemann
From: Felix Hagemann @ 2000-07-12  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I received the following mail. My Gnus 5.8.7 on Emacs 2.6.1 does not
display anything, when reading it. Neither the text part, nor the HTML
part, nor the image. Are all these boundaries broken maybe?

,----
| From: xxx
| To: fx@coop-x.de
| Subject: yyy
|
| --------------B52C35534A69CADCD161A1F2
|
| --------------B52C35534A69CADCD161A1F2
|
| Hello!
|
| --------------B52C35534A69CADCD161A1F2
|
| --------------73A33191BFEC591D27646D3B
|
| <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
|
| --------------73A33191BFEC591D27646D3B
|
| /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wBDAAgGBgcGBQgHBwcJCQgKDBQNDAsLDBkSEw8UHRof
|
| --------------73A33191BFEC591D27646D3B--
|
| --------------B52C35534A69CADCD161A1F2--
|
| --------------B52C35534A69CADCD161A1F2--
`----

If I do `W M v' on the article, then Gnus shows me the text part and
asks me to save the MIME part. If I enter a file to save it it in, I
get:

,----
| No buffer named multipart/related
`----

Before this message, I found this in *Messages*:

,----
| Parsed 100% of 1...done
| Drawing... done
`----

Bye,
Fx

--
You are in the marine life area.  The room is filled with fish tanks,
which are filled with dead fish that have apparently died due to

* Re: Problems with multipart message
@ 2000-07-12  8:12 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-07-12  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12 Jul 2000, Felix Hagemann wrote:

> I received the following mail. My Gnus 5.8.7 on Emacs 2.6.1 does not
> display anything, when reading it. Neither the text part, nor the
> HTML part, nor the image. Are all these boundaries broken maybe?
>
> ,----
> | From: xxx
> | To: fx@coop-x.de
> | Subject: yyy
> |
> | --------------B52C35534A69CADCD161A1F2
> |
> | --------------B52C35534A69CADCD161A1F2
> |
> | Hello!

Note that the first part of this alternative is empty!

What happens when you type `K b' to buttonize the message, do you then
get buttons that allow you to choose an alternative?  And does it
help to choose a different alternative (not the first one)?

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: Problems with multipart message
@ 2000-07-13  7:20   ` Felix Hagemann
From: Felix Hagemann @ 2000-07-13  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > | --------------B52C35534A69CADCD161A1F2
> > |
> > | --------------B52C35534A69CADCD161A1F2
> > |
> > | Hello!
>
> Note that the first part of this alternative is empty!

Hm. I thought there was something missing. So Gnus was (correctly)
displaying an empty part?

> What happens when you type `K b' to buttonize the message, do you then
> get buttons that allow you to choose an alternative?  And does it
> help to choose a different alternative (not the first one)?

Works. I get four choices and both text and HTML is rendered correctly.

So, how do I use `K b'? Is this just for messages like the above, where
both a text and a HTML part are included in the message?

Thanks,
Fx

--
You have reached a question room.  You must answer a question correctly in
order to get by.  Use the 'answer' command to answer the question.

* Re: Problems with multipart message
@ 2000-07-14  9:54     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-07-14  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13 Jul 2000, Felix Hagemann wrote:

> So, how do I use `K b'? Is this just for messages like the above,
> where both a text and a HTML part are included in the message?

It doesn't hurt to use it on any message.  But it is most useful for
multipart messages -- both multipart/alternative and multipart/mixed.

The mode line of the article buffer contains `(3 parts)' or similar,
to show you if there are more parts than you can see buttons for.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.