From: Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Article caching question
Date: 07 Jan 1998 12:10:45 +0100	[thread overview]

  Eze> If I turn on article caching and gnus-asynchronous but not
  Eze> gnus-jog-cache will gnus store *all* the articles that are
  Eze> pre-fetched in the cache until they are read?

I don't know about gnus-asynchronous, but AFAIK, the cache works like
this:

If you turn on gnus-use-cache then articles marked with one of
gnus-cache-enter-articles marks are automatically entered into the
cache, and articles marked with one of gnus-cache-remove-articles are
removed from it.  The defaults are sensible: hitting "!" or "?" on a
news article enters it into the cache, and marking it as read removes
it again.  I use this to remember important articles: I just type "!"
and they'll stay in the group until hell freezes over or I remove them
again -- no matter what the expire time on the news server is.

You seem to want to do offline news reading.  For this, Quassia has
the "agent" feature.  See the manual for details (I've never used it).

kai
--
Kai Grossjohann, Informatik VI        grossjohann@ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Uni Dortmund, D-44221 Dortmund        http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/