* deleting bogus nnfolder group
@ 2001-02-22  9:59 Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2001-02-22  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Recently, when I asked gnus to check for new mail, something went
wrong.  Unfortunately I can't remember what, but I had to C-g which
left me with a garbled *Group* buffer.  I quit gnus and restarted and
all was well, except that there's now a new nnfolder group
nnfolder+mail:Incoming569gV2.

I have tried to delete this with 'S k' 'C-k' and 'G del' but it always
reappears.  How can I get rid of it forever without editing my
.newsrc.eld file?  I use topic mode, if that is relevant.

Paul
--
.   Paul Stevenson   .   Research Fellow   .   University of Surrey     .
.     phone: +44 (0) 1483 876795     .     fax +44 (0) 1483 876781      .

* Re: deleting bogus nnfolder group
@ 2001-02-22 11:25 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-02-22 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 22 Feb 2001, Paul Stevenson wrote:

> I have tried to delete this with 'S k' 'C-k' and 'G del' but it
> always reappears.  How can I get rid of it forever without editing
> my .newsrc.eld file?  I use topic mode, if that is relevant.

I think you want to edit the active file.

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.

* Re: deleting bogus nnfolder group
@ 2001-02-22 11:43   ` Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2001-02-22 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

K Großjohann writes:

> On 22 Feb 2001, Paul Stevenson wrote:
>
> > I have tried to delete this with 'S k' 'C-k' and 'G del' but it
> > always reappears.  How can I get rid of it forever without editing
> > my .newsrc.eld file?  I use topic mode, if that is relevant.
>
> I think you want to edit the active file.

It worked, but is there a way to achieve the same without editing
these shady files which I feel the user ought not to touch?

I was unsucessful in finding anything useful in the manual about
active files in connection with mail, but I'm not sure quite what
should be there, if anything.

* Re: deleting bogus nnfolder group
@ 2001-02-22 12:05     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-02-22 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 22 Feb 2001, Paul Stevenson wrote:

> It worked, but is there a way to achieve the same without editing
> these shady files which I feel the user ought not to touch?

I think something went wrong, out of the ordinary.  So it's clear that
you have to use something out of the ordinary to correct the problem.

Hm.

That said, maybe it would have worked to `G DEL' the group.

kai
--

@ 2001-02-22 12:07       ` Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2001-02-22 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

K Großjohann writes:

> On 22 Feb 2001, Paul Stevenson wrote:
> > It worked, but is there a way to achieve the same without editing
> > these shady files which I feel the user ought not to touch?
>
> I think something went wrong, out of the ordinary.  So it's clear that
> you have to use something out of the ordinary to correct the problem.

Yes, I suppose that's true.

> Hm.
>
> That said, maybe it would have worked to `G DEL' the group.

no, it didn't.

Ah well.

* Re: deleting bogus nnfolder group
@ 2001-02-22 14:26       ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-02-22 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 22 Feb 2001, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> That said, maybe it would have worked to `G DEL' the group.

Argh.  You said you'd tried that.  I overlooked.

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.